Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Dark theme widget

orsoni says:
Hello,

A black style option would be good for battery saving on oled displays and it would play nicer with gingerbread which is mostly black background.

Thank you
Posted at 4:59pm on February 16, 2011
wceveret says:
+1

Even better - allow the user to pick the colors! Current whiteness is not very eyeball friendly.
Posted 13 years ago
brendan says:
Thanks for your feedback!
Posted 13 years ago
tclutterbuck says:
+1
Posted 13 years ago
geekess says:
+1 I would second the ability to choose your colors (or even transparency). The white is just too stark and bright.
Posted 13 years ago
orsoni says:
Bumping this thread because I wanted to add that, currently, no CM7 themes support RTM, so we cannot make it darker, not even this way.
Theming would be very cool so I thought I could add support for RTM on some existing themes.
I had a look at the layout and resource files but they look obfuscated or something.
This might explain why there is no theming for RTM.
Developers, any advice?
Posted 12 years ago
xd4d3v says:
+2 ;)
Please do this. About everything on my phone is dark, except this...
Posted 12 years ago
mikecspence says:
+1 love the app but the white widget doesn't sit well with my HTC
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
Excellent idea!

If we are changing colours etc. please can we make the colours of the task-types user customisable as well ? {Those of us who have a touch of colour-blindness in blue part of the spectrum find it almost impossible to distinguish between normal priority and low priority tasks on colour alone}
Posted 12 years ago
trdf53 says:
+2
Posted 11 years ago
ritchie.zyt says:
Dark color is more consistent with most Android theme.
Posted 10 years ago
jedfonner says:
+1 New widget is better than the old one, but only having blue and white is still too limiting.
Posted 10 years ago
joenmal says:
I'm not sure if me adding to this thread will help, but I too would love to see a dark theme of some sort. Like many others, my phone uses an OLED screen, so I tend to keep just about everything dark. This makes the very bright white RTM widget on my home screen quite an eye-sore. (Literally!) If custom themes are too much trouble to code into the app, then perhaps just make "light" and "dark" themes we can choose from.
Posted 10 years ago
joenmal says:
Just an additional comment in response to all those who are down-voting this idea. I don't think anyone is suggesting that the current light theme get removed and replaced with a dark theme. We would just like the ability to *choose* between different themes. Some folks like light themes, some like dark. Give us the option between the two in the app/widget.
Posted 10 years ago
tomo1657 says:
An optional, darker themed widget would not only help my eyes but also would avoid annoying people around me when I use my device in dark locations.
Posted 10 years ago
hornedowl says:
+1
Posted 8 years ago
cartral says:
+1
Posted 7 years ago
geoffreycate says:
+1
Posted 7 years ago
voidcase says:
+1
Posted 6 years ago
mrpfunk says:
This would be a huge deal - I understand the importance of maintaining brand recognition, but if doing so makes the widget clash with everything else on the screen, it's not creating the kind of recognition you want. The best widgets at least have a dark theme option, if not a customizable palate.
Posted 6 years ago
voidcase says:
I think the kind of people who use an app like this overlap a lot with people who like to customize everything. Right now RTM sits like a big blue sore thumb in the middle of my otherwise dark, sleak, minimal homescreen.
Posted 6 years ago
rlebrette says:
+1 see: https://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/help/22140/
Posted 6 years ago
tracymckibben says:
Rather than a "dark" or "light" theme, make the widget colors selectable. Most importantly, allow for transparency!
Posted 6 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1, please do this. I love RTM, but I hate that it is the only bright, non-transparent widget on my phone. :(
Posted 5 years ago
bronlund says:
When is this going to be done? I love RTM, but I am testing alternatives and it is because of this issue alone!

Things 3 look promising though.
Posted 5 years ago
stefank60 says:
I agree with bronlund above. I am currently trialling todoist and really liking it and it has a dark theme. Looking at my screen now as I type this the white is LITERALLY hurting my eyes.

Guys you have to do this and soon. Thus far I'm liking todoist lots and the dark theme could see me leave RTM and go premium with todoist instead
Posted 5 years ago
dave.liao says:
I'd love a dark theme (or for users to have the ability to choose their own colors). This dark theme would be useful on desktop too!
Posted 5 years ago
andrey.akinshin says:
+1
Posted 5 years ago
mederel says:
I would really like that myself too. How can I contribute?
Posted 5 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1
Posted 5 years ago
peacelizard says:
Not just dark but the true black amoled that other apps offer
Posted 5 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1 definitely. My eyes hurt!!
Posted 5 years ago
ghopt says:
+1 current themes don't allow for white text on a black background, which would be ideal.
Posted 4 years ago
cdyches says:
Dark themes are way overdue. Particularly with iOS 13. The white really is blinding, particularly when all other apps are dark.
Posted 4 years ago
alexspitzer says:
Black theme please! The jarring white is not cool.
Posted 4 years ago
mmclain2 says:
I would also very much like a dark theme. The white is obnoxious and hurts to look at in low lighting areas
Posted 4 years ago
fhettenbach says:
please implement - thanks - dark mode ftw
Posted 4 years ago
dak4 says:
+1
Posted 4 years ago
hornedowl says:
+1
Posted 4 years ago
tomparys says:
+1 My eyeballs are burning at night