Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Customize how many days of tasks are shown (instead of 7 days)

cevisker says:
I have added the sidebar. The lists of tasks only goes about 1/3 of the page down. I have found where RTM is working on this. The issue I have is that I want to use the space that is available. Therefore, if I have no tasks entered for the upcoming week, how can I get future tasks to show up and fill that space. This would make it easier to see any upcoming tasks I have beyond just 1 week and be able to easier edit said tasks. Is this currently possible?
Thanks,
Chad
Posted at 12:23am on December 24, 2010
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi Chad,
This isn't currently possible; sorry for the inconvenience.

And thanks for your feedback!
Posted 13 years ago
tonya.wenger says:
I have tasks marked for later in the month but the side bar is only listing events up until a week away. Is this how it is supposed to work? Can I somehow change the settings so it lists all the tasks for the month in the sidebar (as many as can fit anyway)? Thanks for any help - Tonya

p.s. what is RTM?
Posted 12 years ago
brendan says:
Tonya,
Currently, you're not able to adjust this. The Google Calendar sidebar gadget will display tasks for the next 7 days, overdue tasks, and, if you choose, tasks with no due date. Sorry for any inconvenience.

RTM is short for Remember the Milk.
Posted 12 years ago
paul.clary says:
I use the side gadget and the BLUE CHECK MARKS in the calendar. I would love to see them work in tandem.
Right now the blue check marks are on everyday regardless if there is a task that day or not. Every day appears identical until you click the check mark and see you have nothing due. Ideally it would be nice to look at the month calendar and see immediately that "something" is due on BLUE CHECK MARK days. Then you can click the check mark to further investigate the task. Over to the side gadget that only shows 7 days of info. It would be great to fill that window with UPCOMING task just a a reminder NOT of the next 7 days but of the next 7 tasks. If you have no task for 7 days then the window is blank. My main concern with scheduling task is not what does my calender look like for the next week, but instead what deadlines do I have fast approaching.
SUGGESTION: Create a way to use both in tandem. Change the checkmarks to only mark days on the calendar so you can see monthly which dates you are busy and which dates are available... and leave the side gadget as a 7 day outlook as a quick preview. If you need to know what is happening in 2 weeks or 3 weeks or a Month, then you go back and consult your blue check marks on the calendar.

Thoughts?
Posted 11 years ago