Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Support for sending and sharing tasks with other users

jthomerson says:
My wife and I both use RTM and the Android version of the app to stay organized. But I'm disappointed that it is so difficult to assign tasks to each other... I have to go to the website to do it. When can we have a "send to" feature for the Android app?

It looks like this feature might not even be available in the API, so it's not likely something I can write a little Android app to do easily.
Posted at 3:05am on September 5, 2010
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
It's not currently possible to manually send or share tasks in the Android app; sorry for the inconvenience.

And thanks for your feedback!
Posted 13 years ago
nwsedlak says:
You might be able to get the same functionality by each having a shared Inbox list. You can't share your default Inbox but you could create an "Inbox from wife" list and she can create an "Inbox from husband" list. To send a task you just create it in or move it to her shared Inbox.

What would make sharing an existing task this way even easier, and wouldn't require an API change, would be to add a "Move To" action to the pop-up with you long press a task in a task list. That way you don't have to select it, edit it and then change the list it's in.
Posted 13 years ago
kyle.olbert says:
On the RTM website, go to "settings > info" and get the "Inbox Email Address" for your wife's account. When you need to add a task to her list, email the task to that address and it will show up in her default list.

She can do the same thing with your account. It isn't exactly "sharing" per se, but I hope this helps!
Posted 13 years ago
rmezger says:
It would be nice to be able to send an offline version of the task via email. This is good for those who do not have RTM accounts (the vast majority of my business associates).

The task name would be the subject line, while any notes would appear in the body.
Posted 13 years ago
obhoholm says:
I would also very much appreciate this feature as I'd like to be able to share individual tasks even if they are in my work or projects list. Please consider to implement it!
Posted 12 years ago
laurens.simonis says:
I would very much appreciate this feature. My girlfriend and I use RTM extensively, and this would make our lives so much easier.
Posted 12 years ago
partario says:
This. Please.
Posted 11 years ago
fiddlerpianist says:
Me, too. The e-mail thing will work for now, but the added benefit of using Send is that the other person can track whether or not it's been done.
Posted 11 years ago
jamesr404 says:
I I also +1'ed this one, just because I have two RTM accounts - one for me at work, one for me personally. (When performing one role I don't want to bothered with clutter from the other role).

And occasionally I do see a task ending up in the wrong account, and a Send To feature from the phone would be handy to 'get rid of that'.
Posted 11 years ago
tedhobson says:
second that motion, please add mobile send task feature
Posted 10 years ago
emerald335 says:
THIRD that motion, please add mobile send task feature
Posted 9 years ago