Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

UI Issue When Moving All Tasks

ranbarton Power Poster says:
I have been tagging left and right, and am still delighted with this new capability - so powerful, so useful. I am migrating from many sub-lists to one list and many Smart Lists. To do this, I search for all items in a list AND isTagged:false, and work my way through them as I cannot assign a tag to multiple items at once.

With that background, here is the issue I have encountered... imagine a list called, say, Widgets. It has 90 items in it, of which 15 are not complete. When I look at Widgets and select all via the shortcut button at the top, all of a sudden, instead of having 15 items selected, I have 90. I think it might be easier for your users if all meant "All Visible" as I did not want the 75 completed items to be selected for the subsequent mass move from Widgets to my news unified list.

The one muddying issue here is that moving instances of a recurring/repeating task also moves completed previous occurrence, but that's reasonable to me, so instead of 15 maybe I would have moved, say, 27. Still, I wasn't expecting to move all 90.

Was that clear, or have I lost you?

Anyway, glad to have this little issue, since it means tags are here.

Ran
Posted at 6:28am on January 27, 2006
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Ran, I'm not sure if I'm following you. Whenever I select all, it only selects the visible tasks (i.e. the incomplete ones). Are you viewing the list by clicking on the list tab, or by using a search query? If it's a search query, can you please post the query you're using? Thanks!
Posted 18 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
After I used the query, I was then moving from list to list from the list view.

The text on the right would say15 tasks selected, and then the yellow box on the top would report 90 tasks moved.

Sometimes I find RTM oddities can be fixed via a full site reload, so I will do that again and see if the issue remains or dissappears.

Thank you.
Posted 18 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.