Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Moving items from folder to the same folder makes them temporarily invisible

john.serdy says:
Hello! I have been playing with your service, it is nifty! I feel obligated to help and point out some bugs.

When you move tasks from a folder to the same folder, they temporarily disappear.

To reproduce, go to your Inbox, select a task, then use the 'More Actions...' drop-down box and select '.."Inbox List"' from the "Move To.." section. The task will disappear from the Inbox List.

To remedy this, click on the "Inbox" tab, then the task comes back. Also, if you wait a short while, the task list refreshes itself, and the task comes back.

Now, of course, the simple response to this would be 'well, don't do that', but since the ability is provided, the program should deal with it correctly. I think the proper response of the program here would be for the task to remain on the list.

Alternatively, you could remove the appropriate list folder option in the "Move To..." section of the drop-down box depending on which list folder you are in.

I did these test in WinXP using IE 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519 and Mozilla 1.8b
Posted at 8:38pm on January 16, 2006
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Good spot -- I guess there aren't too many people trying to move tasks to the same list :)

We've now fixed this.
Posted 18 years ago
john.serdy says:
"You can't move tasks to a list they're already in..."

I like it, thank you!
Posted 18 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
No problem :)
Posted 18 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.