Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Importing tasks from files / text?

(closed account) says:
Is there a way to batch enter tasks?

T
Posted at 7:35pm on December 8, 2005
polaris says:
I know you can submit a complete task (with due date, periodicity, priority and notes) by email, so if you can batch send emails, you're set.
Posted 18 years ago
(closed account) says:
I want to make RTM my main system for Getting Things Done. I have over 400 tasks and projects and need to enter them somehow into categories (in less then many hours...).
If I knew how to write Applescripts I probably would have done that by now...
Posted 18 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
We'll have a bulk email feature soon, if that would help :)
Posted 18 years ago
Importing lists via email is now available. Details are here.

Hope this helps!
Posted 18 years ago
george.donnelly says:
what i get instead is one item in the inbox with all the tasks i sent as notes to that item, so it doesn't appear to be working correctly.
Posted 18 years ago
george.donnelly says:
oops ignore me, i sent the list to the wrong email address. sorry.
Posted 18 years ago
george.donnelly says:
works great!
Posted 18 years ago
nasko says:
What about the task attributes? From the help section 'How do I import a list via email?' I understand that the body should contain one task on a line. The example given has just the task names and no attributes. Is there a way to set these with the bulk mail feature? When I try to automate the tasks sending one task per email I get banned by my SMTP service provider after about 10 emails and this is why I need to do it by importing the list
Thanks in advance
Posted 18 years ago
tony.julian says:
i have over 1000 tasks to import and then set repeating options and due dates on. Please tell me there is a way to on the line per task to add all of the attributes! It doesn't make sense to have to put the list in and then go modify all of the attributes. I am strongly considering making this my primary GTD holder.
AJ
Posted 18 years ago
Quoting from a previous topic in the Ideas forum:

At this stage we'll be keeping the import lists via email feature pretty simple. With each task being on one line, it would be difficult to specify additional info such as due date -- we could use special characters to separate each field, but this leads to problems if you want to use one of those special characters in the task name.

However, we do plan to provide additional import/synchronization functionality in the future that would allow you to import tasks with all their associated info.
Posted 18 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.