Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

iCloud & RtM calendar conflicts

(closed account) says:
I have enabled iCloud on Outlook Calendars to sync with my iphone. Since then an additional calendar has been set up in Outlook (iCloud) on my PC.

Now:
1. All my appointments have transferred from the personal calendar to the iCloud calendar
2. My RtM tasks have remained in my personal calendar
3. I am getting a warning message when RtM is trying to auto sync saying that "Synchronizing will permanently delete 569 tasks in Remember the Milk. Do you want to continue?"

I have clicked no, as I assume that this is going to wipe out all of my tasks in RtM, leaving me with nothing.

What am I doing wrong? All I wanted was for my calendar items on my PC & phone to automatically sync, and now this has happened!

Please bare with me if this is a stupid question, I am slightly technologically challenged!
Posted at 8:34am on October 3, 2013
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi donrobscott,
I'm not entirely sure about how iCloud integrates with Outlook, but from the sounds of that message it may have moved your tasks from your default Tasks folder to another folder.

Your tasks should exist in your default Outlook account's Tasks folder… maybe you can look to see where iCloud may have put them and move them back?

It may also be a good idea to make a backup of your tasks as well.

As a last resort, you could also choose to restore your tasks (from the MilkSync menu under Tools), which would force MilkSync to re-download your tasks from your Remember The Milk account.

Hope this helps!
Posted 10 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.