Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Syncing folders/lists between Remember the Milk and Outlook 2013?

azam0 says:
When I add a new list in Remember the Milk web browser version, the new list does not show (as a folder) in my Outlook desktop?

I was hoping that the lists/folders could be synced both ways.

Is there any way that I can add a list/folder to RTM on the web or my Android decide and it will sync via MilkSync so the new folder shows in Outlook?

After researching the issue, I found the following on this site:

"MilkSync doesn't synchronize tasks in secondary task folders, e.g. subfolders of your Tasks folders or other task folders added to your account or profile."

I have no issue syncing tasks between Outlook and Remember the Milk.

Thank you.
Posted at 7:25pm on September 8, 2013
azam0 says:
Even if I add a list in RTM on the web and then create a new folder with exactly the same name in Outlook, it doesn't show any tasks I add to the list in RTM to the same folder in Outlook. That folder stays empty.

The tasks show in the root general folder only.

Thanks in advance for your help on how to sort out this issue.
Posted 10 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi azam0,
Your Remember The Milk lists sync as categories within the main Tasks folder in Outlook, so you can use the categories to filter or to group your tasks in Outlook.

It just doesn't sync any other task folders, in case you want any that don't sync with Remember The Milk.

Hope this helps!
Posted 10 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.