Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Google Calendar no longer lets me subscribe to calendars

georgia.portuondo says:
Hi,

This has been going on for at least a month. I try to add the calendar using these instructions:
http://www.rememberthemilk.com/help/?ctx=feeds.icalendar.howsubscribe.googlecalendar

When I add the calendar, one of two things happens. Either it says "Setting Error: Could not fetch the URL." Or alternatively, it adds the calendar to the list under "other calendars," but instead of displaying the calendar's name it displays the whole URL, and nothing appears in the actual calendar.

Posted at 2:21am on August 27, 2013
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi georgia.portuondo,
We've heard of this temporary problem with Google Calendar recently. If it continues though, can you contact us so we can discuss your particular URL and see if there's something else going on?

Thanks!
Posted 10 years ago
bobmcm says:
I'm also running into a similar problem, although the calendar shows up with the proper name, just nothing shows up on the calendar. Most of my entries have due dates on them, but not all of them. Could this be causing a problem? I am only looking for the entries that have due dates.

Thanks,
Robert M.
Posted 10 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi Robert,
Only entries with due dates are supported over iCalendar with the Events type (which Google Calendar requires). For other apps (like Mozilla Thunderbird) that support the regular iCalendar (which adds the tasks as todo items instead of events) undated tasks will appear.

Either way, that shouldn't cause the "Could not fetch URL" error in Google Calendar—worst case you just wouldn't see your tasks as events. :)

Hope that helps, but let us know if you have any problems subscribing!
Posted 10 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.