Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Locations + showing only specific tagged tasks

mvb23 says:
Hello there,

I find the task overview in the locations window quite useful (the numbers, expanding to a list by clicking it.).
But now I wanted to use rtm on a bigger scale: I wanted to add ToDo' s for our employees, by tagging with the Name of the employee and putting the specific location to it.
It would be a great feature if it would be possible to filter the items/ToDos shown in the locations window. I.E. setting the filter 'tag: John' would only show the Todos tagged John in the locations map.
As far as I can see, that isn't possible (yet?).

greets

mvb23
Posted at 11:54am on June 24, 2013
brendan says:
Hi mvb23,
You're correct that it's not possible to filter by tag from the Locations screen, sorry, but thanks for the suggestion!

In the meantime, while it's a bit less interactive than the map, tags and locations can both be used in searches, so you could identify these tasks with a search like:

Posted 10 years ago
mvb23 says:
Hi Brendan,

Thank you for your answer. Your tip is not completely new to me...
In fact it would be a extremely usefull feature filtering Tags in the map view.
I could think of a lot of possible uses, i.e. showing only a specific list or excluding for example private tasks... Usefull if planning a route for the day and checking what can be done nearby or on the way!

And it would be nice if the Map-view would be reachable within the (iPad)App. I' m now using it via browser in the iPad... Not very smart...

I'm happy with rtm, but missing this feature:-(
Posted 10 years ago
brendan says:
Hi mvb23,
Thanks for your feedback, both on the enhancements to the Location page, and for letting us know you'd like to see the map in the mobile apps. I'll make sure the development team gets these for review.
Posted 10 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.