Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Show Task on smart list only on the day that it is due

fischziege says:
Hi there!

I have my GTD weekly review as a recurring task, set to repeat every sunday, tagged with contexts and na for next action, very similar to the method described on the RTM blog for advanced GTD.

I am wondering if there is some kind of way to exclude that task from my context smart list until the day that it is due. Other tasks, with or without due date I would like to show up on these lists all the time. I wonder if there is some way in RTMs clever settings to facilitate that.

Thanks

Tim
Posted at 3:23pm on December 10, 2012
brendan says:
Hi Tim,
As long as you're not planning to have any other tasks named "Weekly Review", you could filter out this task by name and due date like this:

NOT (name:"Weekly Review" AND dueBefore:today)

This search will show all your tasks, but "Weekly Review" will only be shown if it's due today (or later).

Hope this helps!
Posted 11 years ago
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
You could also look into the Sleeper tag method, described here:
http://blog.rememberthemilk.com/2009/04/tips-tricks-tuesday-using-sleeper-tags/

It lets you hide dated tasks until a certain number of days (your choice for each task) before its due date.
Posted 11 years ago
fischziege says:
Brendan, that seems to be a quick and pretty much perfect solution to my "problem" at hand, thanks.

Rajjan, that blogpost is awesome! Maybe even overkill for what I have been trying to do, but I'm gonna have to work through that and improve my kung fu with that trick.
Posted 11 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.