Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Repeating a task only from monday to friday, or only during the weekends ?

fmaida says:
Is it possible to tell RTM that I have to repeat a task only from monday to friday, or only during the weekends ?

I can only see repetitions every 1-2-Nth days, but I need to repeat a specific task only during my business days (mon-fri)

Thank you and best regards
Posted at 7:54am on March 20, 2012
(closed account) says:
You can specify "every weekday" as a repeat pattern.

And for weekends you can have "every Saturday, Sunday"
Posted 11 years ago
fmaida says:
Thanks echarles
Posted 11 years ago
fmaida says:
Speaking about the patterns "every monday", "every tuesday", ...

Do somebody knows where I can find the translations of these sentences? Because I just discovered that their italian translations are wrong, but I can't find them anywhere on https://www.rememberthemilk.com/services/translate/
Posted 11 years ago
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
Check the Interface part, search for "every" or weekday names.
Posted 11 years ago
fmaida says:
Thanks.

I don't understand. The word "every {INTERVAL}" is correctly translated into the italian word "ogni {INTERVAL}", but if I create a repeating task and write "every monday" this is automatically translated into the ambiguous phrase "dopo lunedì" (that would mean "after monday").
Posted 11 years ago
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
Have you tried writing "ogni lunedi"?
Posted 11 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
fmaida,
I've added this to our list to investigate; sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime.
Posted 11 years ago
fmaida says:
> Have you tried writing "ogni lunedi"?

Yes, oddly it changes it into "ogni 1 anno" ("every 1 year")
Posted 11 years ago
miamerkur says:
I realized problems like this in the german translation, too.
So I try to use only english expressions and abbreviations.
But I know people who nearly can speak/read english at all.
So:
Where can I improve translations in german?
Where is the best place to put wishes for investigation?
And there should really be a translation of help and FAQ. (I would help.)
For RTM is nearly awsome ;)

Posted 11 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi miamerkur,
We don't have translation strings for these phrases (but use the translations to build them); we can investigate and update them on the backend if there are any problems. (Please contact us if you notice any problems.)

And thanks for your feedback about translating the help and FAQ!
Posted 11 years ago
luca.ortolano says:
the problems withe translated repeating strings is stille there...
I.E. if i write "ogni 3 mesi" (every 3 months) it becomes "ogni 1 anno" (every 1 year)
In general for each "Ogni xyz" I enter, it becomes "ogni 1 anno"
Posted 11 years ago
luca.ortolano says:
if i enter in english, i have the opposite problem: "every 3 weeks" becomes "dopo 3 settimane" (wrong) instead of "ogni 3 settimane" (would be correct)
Posted 11 years ago
ops8086 says:
I have problems with repeating task too. I'm using Remember the milk in italian language. If i use a repeating sentence with "every" it translates it using "dopo" that instead means "after". So if i want to use "every 1 month" it becames automatically "dopo 1 mese" (that means "after 1 month").

Also, if i write it in italian: "dopo due mese" (that means after 2 months), or "dopo 1 mese" (after 1 month) or "dopo 3 mesi" (after 3 months) and so on, it becames automatically "dopo 1 anno" (that means instead "after 1 year") which is wrong and have no sense.

I cannot use the repeating task in any way, both in english and in italian language.

I want to repeat a task on the 6th of every months, but i can't find the way to do that. If i write "every month on the 6th" like i read in your help, it translates in: "dopo month on the 6th" (which is mixed english and italian and has no sense), and also it doesn't work (if i complete the task, it creates the task again but with the same expire date).

Please resolve these problem as soon as possible, i'm switched to remember the milk from another software only for the repeating task, but if i cannot use it...

Thanks!
Posted 11 years ago
brendan says:
Thanks for the additional details on this issue. This has been added to our list to investigate. Sorry again for any inconvenience this is causing.
Posted 11 years ago
fmaida says:
Any news?
Five months has been passed since my first report and this bug is still here. Sorry if I'm being rude but I need to use that feature sometimes.
Posted 11 years ago
brendan says:
Hi fmaida,
This is still on our list to investigate. I'm sorry but we don't have any further announcements about this issue right now.
Posted 11 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.