Welcome!  English (US) Language Switcher

Some words aren't translated?

lutz.meier says:

In the german preview of the interface the (already translated) words "Personal", "Study", "Work" aren't shown in German. Neither in the Task Cloud nor in the tabs...

Btw: I've tried with IE and Firefox

Posted at 1:08am on June 8, 2006

emily (Remember The Milk) says:

Lutz, good question. These translated words are only used for new users when their initial "Personal", "Study", and "Work" lists are created. We won't modify the list names for existing users.

Posted 8 years ago

lutz says:

But how can you sign up (I think these lists are generated during or direct after the signup process) in a different language?

Posted 8 years ago

If the user has German set in the language preferences for their browser, they will automatically be shown the German version of the site, and will be able to signup completely in German.

We're also looking at making it possible for a user to change their language preferences before/during the signup process.

Posted 8 years ago

lutz says:

As far as I know in all of my browsers the primary language is German (Deutsch-Deutschland) and I see only the english site (except I use the tranlation preview)...

Posted 8 years ago

The translation preview is the only way to see the German version for now, as we don't want other users (who aren't translating) to see the German version until it's fully integrated into the site.

The automatic detection of language will work once the German version is made public for all users -- sorry this wasn't clear.

Posted 8 years ago

lutz says:

OK! Thank you for clearing things up!

BTW: We won! 4-2! ;-)

Posted 8 years ago

No problem.

(Congrats on Germany's win :)

Posted 8 years ago

This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.