Welcome!  English (US) Language Switcher

Meaning of "every {DAY_NAME} until {DATE}"

timsk says:

The above string would seem to be for repeat formats like "every Friday until 31/12/07", "every Tuesday until 20 October 2007" etc.

The help text though says this: "A repeating format used to specify that a task repeats every {DAY_NAME} until {DATE}. E.g. Every 5 days until 2006-10-01."

That's a fairly "flexible" interpretation of {DAY_NAME}. That's fine, you can call your variables what you like ;-) but it introduces a small translation problem -- the word for "every" has a singular and plural in Esperanto, so 'every' in "every Tuesday" isn't the same as in "every 3 days". :-(

Any suggestions?

Posted at 11:58pm on August 28, 2007

emily (Remember The Milk) says:

Would it be possible to just translate it as {DAY_NAME} (e.g. Tuesday) in the translation system?

If you can let us know the plural translation either here or via email, we can add support for that as a special case.

I don't know if you've come across it yet, but I think there's another phrase affected by the same issue: "every {DAY_NAME} for {NUM} times". If you spot any others, please let us know.

Thanks for your help!

Posted 6 years ago

We might actually fix up the help text for that one too (as, yes, that's a very flexible interpretation of {DAY_NAME} :)

Posted 6 years ago

timsk says:

I'll email you with the specifics of Esperanto, but thanks for the quick responses.

Posted 6 years ago

Awesome, thanks!

Posted 6 years ago

This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.