Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Make alias to email to RTM

rusharound says:
I love the RTM email address that puts items into your list. The trouble is, it's a hard one to remember. I made an email alias with my isp that forwards all email sent to todo@mydomain.com to my RTM address. It saves a lot of time and grief.
Posted at 6:52pm on February 16, 2010
organisator says:
Great and simple tip. Thanks!
Posted 14 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
Another take on this is to set up a filter in your email that will forward an email to RTM if some distinct keyword is in the email. I cannot remember my rtm email, nor can my wife, but if I send myself an email with the trigger in it, it gets bounced right over to RTM and is there waiting for me. Much handier than giving people another email address to remember.
Posted 14 years ago
mgjacqz says:
My take was to add a contact - RTM - in my address book
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
Gmail allows you to add + to any of your accounts without having to set it up. ie if my email address is myemail@gmail.com and I send an email to myemail+rtm@gmail.com it'll still come to my inbox.

So that's what I did. I set up a rule that all email addressed to myemail+rtm@gmail.com gets forwarded to my RTM email address :)
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
I've tried several different times, but I've found that most of the emails don't reach RTM.

I don't know if the problem is through Gmail or RTM, but the auto-forwarded messages just don't work for me.
Posted 13 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi rusharound,

I just wanted to let you know that you're this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner. We've upgraded your RTM account to have a free year of Pro. :)
Posted 13 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
cheeseslope, if you're still experiencing issues, please feel free to submit an email issue report via our support system, and we'll see what we can do to help. :)
Posted 13 years ago
soundsgood says:
my solution is like mgjacqz's:

since most email apps, browsers, and iphones/smartphones auto-complete addresses, i simply have an address book entry for "milk."

when i need to email a task, i just type "milk," and the address is automatically entered.
Posted 13 years ago
rdehavenl says:
@parnissia

Blew My Mind!!!

I did not know about that, but now i think that will be how some sites get an email address for me, easy filter.

Great Tip!

Also great tip on the part of the OP :)
Posted 13 years ago