Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Split Today's tasks in work and home

ralfvd says:
Just a small tip or trick:

My list of activities is split in locations, @work, @home, @phone, @web etc. During my working day, I can complete all activities except the @home part ; for these activities I need to be at home.

To get me motivated to get down to zero open items for the day, the @home activities -which I need to do when I get home- will clutter up the view.

So I created a separate smart list: To@day ; with the following search: (due:today or dueBefore:today) and NOT location:@home

This will keep my attention during the day focused on all non-@home related activities. And you will get the reward of having an empty list during the day ;-)

Posted at 9:36am on February 2, 2010
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
Good tip!

There's a GreaseMonkey script (Tag Cloud Colorizer) working in FireFox etc that let's you hide any tag you want. That way it's possible to have a tag cloud at work that hides all private tags, really nice. At home, you could set up the script the other way around, hiding work related tags.
Posted 14 years ago
action.manager says:
Ah, you "discovered" what David Allen calls "context".

Read his book "Getting things done" if you want to learn more about this and the larger methodology that this fits into. Recommended!
Posted 14 years ago