Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Saving time and frustration at the video/music store

kristian.domagala says:
When going to the video store to hire out a DVD, I used to find it very frustrating to try to find something that I wanted to see. Either I didn't recognise any of the movies or I couldn't think on the spot of movies I had been wanting to see. By browsing through the titles, I sometimes came across something that I recognised, but it was hit and miss and always took longer to choose.

Now, whenever I read a review or see a preview of a movie I think I would be interested in seeing, I add it to my Movies list in RTM. As a user of RTM on the iPhone, I can do this almost immediately so I don't forget. Then later, when I'm at the video store, I just pull up the Movies list on my iPhone and go straight to the movies I want to see.

I also have a CDs list that I maintain for the same reason. Whenever I hear a song on the radio that I like, I make a note of it so I remember it the next time I'm out buying CDs.
Posted at 10:19am on September 30, 2009
splovett says:
Great idea!

I am using lists for projects but did not think of using it for DVD's or CD's.
Posted 14 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hey kristian.domagala,

Great tip! Just wanted to let you know that your tip is a Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner. We've upgraded your RTM account to have a free year of Pro. :)
Posted 14 years ago
chandra.gaajula says:
Hi Kristian, this is a great tip. I see myself using this.
Posted 14 years ago
dhandall says:
Great tip kristian.domagala!

I'm using this!
Posted 14 years ago