Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

RTM for bloggers

soloviov says:
Being a blogger and also an RTM pro-user and fan no wonder I found the way to organise my regular tasks related to blog support and improvements. Now I am happy to share these tips with other RTM folks here. Hope you find them useful!

So, let's see what bloggers do on a regular basis:
- post new articles
- add new features to their blog
- consider improving blog design
- keeping eye on blog promotion

Also to mention some people have several blogs, so require to keep things in order and not mess up with stuff.

Now how I addressed each of the above points:

1. I run numerous projects at a time, so I've set up a project-blog task list to keep my blog related tasks together but separate from other todo's.

2. Within this list I've created several "never-ending" tasks which I use as idea containers:
Ideas: Content
Ideas: Design
Ideas: Features
Ideas: Promotion
I put all my ideas into notes using my phone. I can do it any time they come to my mind wherever I am, and then just sync them with online account.
I run weekly reviews of these ideas and if I feel there will be some time during the upcoming week I set up certain tasks within the same list, add due dates and other attributes to put them into the pipeline.

3. I also log ideas about specific articles by creating 1 task per article. Initially I just put some notes in to remind myself about the details of the future post and add an "article" tag to the task - nothing else.
This way there is always a queue of new articles to be written. I don't have to put myself into creative mood when "it's time for blogging", I can be creative whenever inspiration comes.

4. To write and post articles regularly I've set up a recurrent weekly task in the same list. It reminds me about my readers waiting for new cool posts. When it comes up on todo list I simply click "articles" in my tag cloud and get a list of ideas ready to work with.

All of the above helps me a lot in keeping my blog up to date and saves a lot of hassle around capturing and managing cool ideas that come to mind.
Follow these tips and make the best blog ever!
Posted at 6:23pm on September 24, 2009
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi soloviov,

I think I need to follow some of your tips! Just wanted to let you know that your tip is a Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner. We've upgraded your RTM account to have a free year of Pro. :)
Posted 14 years ago
soloviov says:
Thank you very much for that! Great to know my ideas seem to be useful for someone. Hope even more people will benefit from that after reading about this in RTM blog ;)
Posted 14 years ago