Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Romance Planning With RTM

andrew.wilkie says:
All,

I thought I'd just let you know how I have used RTM the last week.

Regular romance is good, certainly if you are in a relationship! Recenlty I read an article in a newspaper. Listing 10 things you can do for your partner.

Rather than keep the article I emailed myself/RTM the suggestions. Each suggestion becoming a new 'task' each month. 1 task per month.

I set the deadline to "month" i.e March. I didn't know but RTM has set the date for the 1st of each "month". That suits me since I use RTM and my email calendar extensively. This will give me time to book that weekend away.

I even tagged it Romance Planner.

That way, each month I am reminded to do something for my partner. Thus she has almost a year of lovin'. Thus if she does..so do I :)

Happy Travels

W
Posted at 8:44am on July 25, 2009
athyder says:
Just how I like my romance.
Cold and calculated.
Pure and premeditated.
Posted 14 years ago
mehardin says:
athyder, you must be single. After being married 22 years I can tell you there is nothing cold or calculating about planning for romance. When you move beyond courtship to marriage, real life has a way of crowding romance out if you don't plan for it. Excellent tip.
Posted 14 years ago
highland1 says:
Yes, athyder. The opposite of "cold and calculated, pure and premeditated" is just as bad as they are. Or at least as ineffective in maintaining a true romance with someone over the long haul. A little "planning" is right in between... a good balance!
Posted 14 years ago
sinth says:
Perfect suggestion, thanks andrew!
Never thought about using RTM for that...
Posted 14 years ago
jelykins says:
That's a great suggestion!
Posted 14 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hey andrew.wilkie,

Just wanted to let you know that your tip is a Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner. We've upgraded your RTM account to have a free year of Pro. :)
Posted 14 years ago
eurokeith says:
Do you have the article listing the 10 things you're referring to?
Posted 14 years ago
adobkin says:
Care to share the URL to the newspaper article?
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
Here's at least one site:
http://memsaab.com/10-things-you-can-do-make-your-partner-happier
Posted 14 years ago
andrew.wilkie says:
Thanks Guys!

Just checked my rss feeds for the week. I've been laptop naked this week.. It was worse than I thought!

I'll see if I can find the article eurokeith
Posted 14 years ago
jawsthemeswimming428 says:
This is a great tip. I plan on doing something similar. Thanks for this!
Posted 14 years ago
benb says:
Doesn't using a task list to remind you to romance your partner take the, well, *romance* out of it? ;-)
Posted 14 years ago
dvhirst says:
Keonie's memsaab.com link is just very good sense for relationships. Acting in the ways it suggests will help to ensure that *romance* stays alive in the relationship. And when you get a bit older, any tool that helps you remember such things is a real help. At least that's what our 45+ years together says to us! Thanks Keonie and Andrew!
Posted 14 years ago
andrew.wilkie says:
Just an update to this.

I've now got these reminders to repeat every 10 months.

Repeat: every 10 months.

That way every year and month I'm reminded to do something. I don't have a reminder set for her birthday month or Christmas as I can then let my creative juices run wild.

Sorry never could find the articles again

A
Posted 14 years ago