Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

RTM for organizing articles and links

burdejanie says:
I tend to get a lot of links and articles send to me. I use Delicious to organize my bookmarks, but a lot of times I don't look back once it's saved.

So, I've started using RTM for links and articles. I know that i don't want to look at them in the moment, so when something is sent my way I set a due date a month out and link the url.

If I happen to get to it before then in one of those 5 minute free time tasks, great. But if it's still there when the due date comes up I make the decision to read it that day or to delete it as a task. No more printing it out in a file that I'll never read, or indefinitely postponing it.
Posted at 4:12pm on May 2, 2009
(closed account) says:
nice! I like this!
Posted 14 years ago
ahojohnebrause says:
Awesome. Can't believe I didn't think of this sooner.
I also use Delicious, but I often encounter the problem that I just want to read a certain website, and then forget about the link. Thus, my Delicious account is full of links I don't need anymore.
Now, I just check the task in RTM and all's fine. Thanks!
Posted 14 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Yeah, this is a great use; I had replaced my Delicious "todo" tag with RTM tasks for a lot of the same reasons. Then the Quick Add bookmarklet was added, which is really nice.

Since Quick Add doesn't use the URL field, I went looking around and found that some folks on the forums created a bookmarklet that takes the current URL. Look for ryankennedy's last post for the last one. Quite useful!

I only wish the URL field could be searched so I could create a Smart List for all my internet tasks.

I'm amazed at the stuff that turns up on the forums!
Posted 14 years ago
del.bigger says:
I use Twitter "d rtm url now " (quicker than delicious). Later visit your RTM Inbox, Select Task, Hit R, Ctrl+C, Tab x6, Ctrl+V, Tab and hit hot link.
Posted 14 years ago
dominijk says:
is there a way of auto adding tags through delicious into RTM in the same you can in twitter? this would be the business, i currently run this through netvibes on a GTD page where i have one box with RSS delicious feeds tagged RTMadd and another with the RTM widget i then manually add which is ok but could obviously be smoother.. any tips?
Posted 14 years ago
mehardin says:
huh?
Posted 14 years ago
dominijk says:
i will try that again, i have a tag in delicious i hit when i want to add a task attrbuted to a webpage, delicious gives you the option to take an rss feed from a specific tag. I would RTM to pick this feed up automatically and add it on to my todo list, so when i log in i can assign dates etc. but the meta content picked up from the bookmark (title,notes etc) would be auto fillled along with the URL.
Posted 14 years ago