Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

RTM and email reminders from banks

crichtma says:
I currently get emails from utilities/banks to remind me to pay my bill. What would be nice is to get these email to tasks in RTM.

I can do something with a Linux box, some python, and procmail. What I was wondering if there was a solution for this I'm missing.
Posted at 4:25am on January 7, 2009
arvid says:
You can have your system automatically forward them to your RTM inbox where tasks will be created for them;

http://www.rememberthemilk.com/help/answers/sending/emailinbox.rtm
Posted 15 years ago
mehardin says:
Really? And how do you get the utility company or bank to format the message so that RTM will pause it correctly when it is received?

I'd think a better solution would be to use gmail, and the RTM gmail extension. Then you could simply star or label the email message to send it to RTM.
Posted 15 years ago
daniel.merriman says:
I'm not sure where you're getting your email from. If you're using a client, I don't have much of help.

But, for you or others looking into this that use a browser for email, you could use QuickAdd to just highlight the date, and then click on the button in the toolbar.
Posted 15 years ago
jeff.franke says:
You can forward into tasks, and the hyphen after the spaces for the forwarded message become the note. Print out the email formatting tips too. I like sending my bills to the task inbox like you want to do and it works fine.
Posted 15 years ago