Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Using Dial2Do with Remember The Milk

rossruns says:
Ever since Jott began charging for RTM integration, I have been searching for a good free alternative. I found it in Dial2Do ( http://www.dial2do.com/ ), a free alternative to Jott that works well with RTM. When you create an account there, you can set up an email contact that is your personal RTM email address (hint: name the email Remember The Milk) and then when you use Dial2Do, you ask to email Remember The Milk and it'll send a transcription of your voice message to the RTM auto-add email address.

The only drawback (if you're not careful) is that the dial2do promotional signature line of the email gets auto-incorporated into tags on your task item. To avoid this:

1) Go into you Dial2Do email config settings by clicking "more" on the email area of your services page

2) In the custom signature box on the Services Edit page, type in "-end-" (without the quotes). This will append -end- to your task PRIOR to their email signature block, which will make RTM ignore it and not auto-add these tags to the task.

3) Save and test for yourself.

Happy dialing!
Posted at 1:11pm on October 23, 2008
sos100 says:
Hey there -

Sean from Dial2Do here. There's an even simpler way - we put RTM integration right in to Dial2Do a little while back. If you go to the "Do More" tab in Dial2Do, and click on the "Organise" tab there, you'll see RTM listed as one of the services. Add your credentials in there and you're done! Once that's done:

You can say "listen to remember the milk" and Dial2Do will play your RTM tasks back to you.
You can say "remember the milk" and then speak your task and in it goes.

You can also change the phrases assigned to each of these commands if you find them too much of a mouthful (for example, you could just rename to R T M).

Any questions - let us know.

Cheers, Sean (sos "at" dial2do "dot" com)

Posted 15 years ago
sos100 says:
Mea Culpa !

Apologies : in my last comment, at the end, I mentioned that you can change the phrase assigned to (for example) the "Remember the milk" or "Listen to Remember the Milk" commands.

You can't :-( I'm wrong. I take it back - and I have mis-informed. Right now you cannot do this - you're stuck with the phrases we have given to the services.

Apologies if I have caused any confusion.

Regards, Sean (sos "at" dial2do "dot" com)

Posted 15 years ago
dylan.eiler says:
Sweet!
Posted 14 years ago
bdturner says:
reQall is getting chucked... nice one !
Posted 14 years ago
dmcutaia says:
When I call dial2do and post to RTM, my post is showing up in my inbox instead of my default list - is there anyway to change that?

My Jott service will post to my default list.

Thanks! Great service.
Posted 14 years ago
marc.garcia.marti says:
Dial2Do seems to be very powerful, I'm very inspired after testing it with a friend for a while. Is there any chance we can assign "shortcuts" like the ones described on your "Quick Reference" for accessing RTM faster [9] or sometihng?

I've noticed some glitches while using it though, sometimes when I'm about to "submit" what I just said, the assistant would just discard my input without me having requested that?

Is there anyway to shay "SSSTTTTTOOOOOOPPPPP IT" or something? following dmcutaia suggestion, if I could post to a different list thant inbox, it would be really cool actually.

Thanks in advance and man If you guys implement this service in Spanish I'm sold!! :)
Posted 14 years ago
rsperko says:
I just set this up, I am very impressed with this. Thank you.
Posted 14 years ago