Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Combine RTM with a simple mobile phone (no smartphone or blackberry here!)

jaedi says:
Most mobiles have a sound recorder these days. Whenever I think of a new task I need to do and I am not near a computer, I simply record myself dictating the task on the phone. It's much quicker and easier than entering in a note or saving a draft SMS.

I spend a few minutes every week at home or in work entering the new tasks in to RTM from my recorded audio files on my mobile. Note - no voice recognition here either - it's very quick to type in a few words in RTM.

For errands, I have a specific smart list. I select the print function, copy the text and paste it to a text file. I then transfer the text file to my mobile - and presto! I have all my errand tasks available to me on my mobile with an investment of a grand total of two minutes of my time.

I'm a great fan of RTM, but I hate tech overkill. Ok, this isn't a replacement for a proper sync feature, but it works just fine for me. Incidentally, if I get a smartphone someday, I'll probably use the sync feature, but this technique is fine for now. If anyone has more ideas along these lines, please post them here...
Posted at 11:01am on June 14, 2008
tutunkommon says:
www.jott.com

Works like your voice recorder, except it is a call to a toll free number. It transcribes for you and can either send it as an email, or automatically enter it into RTM for you.

Works very well!

Posted 15 years ago
jaedi says:
Thanks for the tip. lee.butler also made a post about jott.com last week.

I'd like to try it out, however, Jott's service is limited to the US and Canada so it's not available to me.
Posted 15 years ago