Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Tag Cloud Disapears When You Need It

aaronhh says:
I really wish the Tag cloud would be visible while I'm typing tags! But until they fix this problem, I'm going to have to create a smart list for every tag so that I can look at the smart list titles while I'm typing tags into a new task.
Posted at 12:28pm on March 16, 2008
jerry.hultin says:
I agree, tags needs a fix. I'm hope it's coming.
Posted 15 years ago
johnwin says:
@aaronhh

For those of us relativley new to rtm could you post the smart list perameters that will set up this work-around? TIA
Posted 15 years ago
aaronhh says:
You simply do a search for tag:tagname
and then click the save tab
and then type the name you want for your smart list
and then click save.

Now you should have a new blue colored tab with the name you selected which displays all of the tasks which have the tag name you searched for.

I hope I did a good enough job of explaining that.

I wish the forum would send a message to our inbox whenever somebody posts a new comment to a post that we wrote in the Forums.

Wow, to be the most popular task management software, it still needs a lot of work to be completely user friendly. I hate to see how bad the competition is.
Posted 15 years ago
johnwin says:
@aaronhh

Thanks for that. Perfect exlplination

BTW I agree that they need to use a better forum system here. I don't like having to remember what I've posted and to go back and check it every now and again.

I guess they want us to use rtm as a reminder ;^)
Posted 15 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
To see all of the threads where you've posted, just go here:
http://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/my/
Posted 15 years ago
johnwin says:
Thanks Ran
Posted 15 years ago
aaronhh says:
johnwin ==>

Yeah, I was just as surprised as you are when I noticed that I had written a Perfect exlplination. I had never done that before, but I actually ended up getting in trouble with the Government agencies that represent the Perfect exlplinations, because I had not gotten their permission before implementing such a Perfect exlplination. So now, I am on the FBI's watch list to make sure that I do not implement any future Perfect exlplinations without getting the proper security clearance first. But other than that, I thought it turned out pretty well.
Posted 15 years ago
aaronhh says:
ranbarton ==>

Yeah, I feel stupid for not figuring that out on my own. It is right there in plain view on the main forum page.

LOL

:)
Posted 15 years ago
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
To keep the tag cloud visible at all times in Firefox, install GreaseMonkey and this script: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/25050.
Posted 15 years ago
johnwin says:
@rajjan

Thanks for posting this - it works really well

BTW there are also lots more greasemonkey scripts for rtm and styish.com have some great enhancements also
Posted 15 years ago