Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Generic add page (customizable, incl all fields)

raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
Want to tag your tasks in several ways (goals, projects, tag, persons) and still be sure that all are spelled correctly?
Want to be able ta add all task info in one go without having to jump to different parts of the screen?

Save a copy of this customizable Add page, edit it and put it on the web somewhere you can always reach it (or have local copies).

What the page looks like:
Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

In order for your page to work, you MUST edit the html (using Notepad for instance). You can try it out before that, just don't expect your tasks to end up in RTM! Just click in the different lists below Tags to add tags to your task.

Thanks to wcitypoe for coming up with the idea in the first place!
Posted at 4:33pm on November 14, 2007
paul.sinclair says:
I am probably doing something wrong, but it isn't working. When I click Add, nothing happens, and the task is not added. I thought perhaps I would need to modify the form, so that it new who I was submitting for?
Posted 16 years ago
I don't think you have to add your name etc. If you are not logged into the mobile version you'll be asked to the first time, but after that you 'll be able to add tasks.

One idea: have you updated the list tasks are sent to? It is probably not 1234567 ;-)

I will add comments to the addeng.htm showing where it needs to be edited for it to work properly.

If you have any problems with this, please let me know!
Posted 16 years ago
rubyji says:
Cool. It's a little hard to find all the configurations for the HTML file, but it works! Thank you!!!
Posted 16 years ago
Glad you like this one too!
Posted 16 years ago
npetain says:
Hi,

I've changed the lists tasks numbers and changed the username but nothing happens. What have I done wrong? I like this very much and would really like it to work!

For the time being, I use this script: http://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/tips/3133/

Is there any way to have the pop-up opened in the sidebar of firefox, for instance? When I check the option "load in sidebar", it doesn't work.

Thanks for your help!
Posted 16 years ago
One way to check what's wrong could be to delete parts of the html until it works. It should be enough to change lists, location and username.

I can get it to open in the sidebar in FF at least.

Good luck!
Posted 16 years ago