Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

New RTM Gmail Firefox integration extension

erik says:
It's not fancy, but it's been pretty useful for me as I tested this little extension that I hacked (think machete) together. Check it out and let me know what you think:

http://scroungelounge.blogspot.com/2007/07/firefox-extension-delegate-rtm.html

erik
Posted at 8:42am on July 13, 2007
clbpdx says:
Wow, Eric, this works great. It makes life much easier. I'm still not sure if I'm going to migrate to RTM but this at least would make it possible. I do sort of wish that there was a way to get to the URL without going back to their site, like Todoist but I know that's probably not something on your end.

Thanks for the great tool, I'm super impressed. Now I'm off to find something like that for IE.
Posted 16 years ago
erik says:
If anyone is adventurous, I now have this posted on the official firefox addon site, although it's not completely public yet:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/5339

You need a logon to access the "sandbox" side of the site.

A few kind reviews and I guess I can nominate it to be moved to the public site. I'm kinda new at this so bear with me.
Posted 16 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
Excuse what is, I suspect, a dumb question... Mozilla says I haven't enabled the Sandbox in my preferences. I rummaged for a while, and it is not clear to me how to enable that setting. Any suggestions, please?
Posted 16 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Erik, this is awesome :)

Ran, there's a link to My Account in the top right -- the Sandbox option is there (I had to search around for it too).
Posted 16 years ago
As with so many things, that was obvious as soon as you pointed it out. Thanks.

I love the idea of having an actual link between RTM and Gmail items, so I look forward to trying out this extension.
Posted 16 years ago
kevin.lemay says:
This plugin looks great but I don't use gmail on a regular basis but do use Thunderbird all the time. Are you or someone planning on a similar plugin for Thunderbird?
Posted 16 years ago
erik says:
Unfortunately, my extension skills are very limited--this is the first one I have messed around with and even it is just a quick modification to an existing extension. I am not planning to do a thunderbird version, although it may be trivial for someone else to pick up and do.

If any of you do try the extension through the addons sandbox, please leave a review. I think I can make it public after a few get logged. Then it will be easier for everyone to find.
Posted 16 years ago
I just added a review now - thanks again for putting this together; it's very handy.
Posted 16 years ago
wfindlay says:
great tool! one slight correction -- the add-on options in Firefox says "Import Email Address" but this should really be "Inbox Email Address" since you are only sending one task at a time. It won't work unless you use the correct email adress.
Posted 16 years ago
wfindlay says:
never mind my previous comment, I must have been reading too fast! It really does already say Inbox, not Import.
Posted 16 years ago
erik says:
The extension is now public: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/5339

Now it should be a click away for anyone to give it a try.

Posted 16 years ago
roto says:
...yet another reason why Firefox is great. Less than a month and a handy extension becomes public. Nice one, erik.
Posted 16 years ago