Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

FOCUS on current time and place

dominic.spachmann says:
I use a smart list (_FOCUS), that filters just the tasks that are relevant right now and where I am currently.
So it hides all the tasks that are due but bound to the specific location, where I am not right now.
It also hides the tasks that are due later today.
Also I use a time estimate to start with the small tasks to get going and empty my list.

I use a second smart list (_LOCATIONS) for the tasks that have a location and are due so that I can actively go to the locations where many tasks are due. Also I can see how many due tasks are there with locations to be alerted if necessary.

(To avoid getting lost in the current time and place there is another list in parallel with all the tasks of today, sorted by priority and estimate.)

Works fine for me, maybe it is also useful for you. :-)

Here the configuration:

_FOCUS
((dueBefore:tomorrow AND NOT dueAfter:now) OR startBefore:Now ) AND NOT list:inbox)) AND (hasLocation:false OR locatedWithin:500m)
sorted by Priority, than estimate

_LOCATIONS
(dueBefore:tomorrow AND NOT dueAfter:now OR startBefore:Now OR list:Inbox OR due:never) AND hasLocation:true)
sorted by: Priority, grouped by location
Posted at 3:23pm on April 20, 2017
(closed account) says:
I'm going to give this a whirl, thanks Dominc
Posted 6 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi Dominic,

Nice use of Smart Lists! You're this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner. We've added a free year of Pro to your Remember The Milk account. :)
Posted 6 years ago