Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Smart tasks highlighter/motivator.

fizzyice says:
Smart tasks highlighter/motivator.

In the side bar smart lists section I have set up my lists in such a way that when tasks need attention quickly they stand out clearly in a smart list.

To make these smart lists stand out I prefix the smart list names with a ❗️emoji and group them together near the top of the smart section so they can be seen clearly. I then set up the smarts lists section to ’show with incomplete’.

ie- ‘❗️Needs priority’ automatically lists all tasks with no priority; it is only visible if a task fits this criteria. Once the task has been appointed a priority the smart list disappears!!. The red emojis are eye catching so you can instantly see when these tasks need attention.

This system acts as a good motivator to get tasks completed and can be set up in many ways using any smart search. The motivation is to clear these smart lists and not have any visible ❗️’s.

Also I make 'breaker' smart lists (and lists) and give them a title of ……….. or —————- to create sections so that I can group the other lists together and keep things tidy. Just make sure the 'breaker' smart lists always contain tasks so they remain visible.

eg-

TODAYS TASKS
High priority tasks
Started
………………..
❗️URGENT Today Tasks
❗️Needs priority
❗️Need due date
❗️To mark has URL link
………………..
due next week
starting next week

When all are completed…..…..

TODAYS TASKS
High priority tasks
Started
…………………
…………………
due next week
starting next week

HURRAY!…all done!!!!
Posted at 10:34am on March 24, 2016
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
Good idea, adding meta info to tasks is important.

The "…………………" (or at least one of them) could have this criteria:
dueBefore:tomorrow OR priority:none OR due:never OR hasURL:false etc

That way, the separator is only shown when there is something to separate.
Posted 8 years ago