Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Sales Tickler

guybehindtheguy says:
A certain percentage of my job is business development, but it's not an everyday thing. This makes it hard to remember who I've reached out to recently and who I need to ping again.

I've created a "Sales Tickler" list in RTM that works really well for this. It is simply a filter on tag:sales. Then the process to add a contact is pretty easy:

1. Create a task with just the first and last name of the contact.
2. Tag that task with "sales".
3. Setup to repeat after X weeks or months (depending on how aggressive I want to pursue a given contact)

Every time I have an opportunity to do some sales calls, I pull up my Sales Tickler and grab a few contacts off the top of the list. After contacting them, I complete the task and it pops to the bottom of the list automatically. This simple process has already led to increased opportunities, just by forcing me to touch my contacts regularly.

Bonus Pro feature: I have the Outlook integration setup. So, to add a new contact, I create a task from the last e-mail I received from him/her, and change the name of the task to the contact's first and last name. I can assign it the sales tag by adding the sales Category right inside of Outlook.
Posted at 5:11pm on January 26, 2015
guybehindtheguy says:
I forgot to add that the list should be sorted by due date.
Posted 9 years ago
jvillafana00 says:
Simple and efficient!
Posted 7 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi guybehindtheguy,

Great tip! You're this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner, and we've added a free year of Pro to your Remember The Milk account. :)
Posted 7 years ago