Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

How to I prevent a task from disappearing in a smart list

fant says:
Hi,

I posted this 5 month ago. Now by accident I found a work around which some of you might find interessting (see below). (This is so easy I just wonder why it took so long for me to find out ;-)

My previous post / the issue:
"Hi,I wonder if there is a workaround to prevent a Task in a smartlist from disappering of the list after changing an attribute which is not according to the list-query.
If I want to change a 2nd or more attributes this is not possible (I have to hunt the task via search)
Nice would be to disable automatic update of smartlist via Options - but I'm not very confident that this will happen..."

The work around: simple but powerful:
I created a tag called " °PINit "
I included this tag in each smart list (e.g. list:### ((tag:@cloud OR tag:@hive OR tag:@any) NOT priority:none) AND tag:°PINit)

So if I want to make more than one changes to a task and don't want the to avoid the task from disappearing after changing the first attribute I " °PINit " to the smart list. I make all the changes and then remove the tag °PINit.
That's all. Hope you find this also helpful.

BTW, it has also the advantage that you can enter any task, so that it appears immediately in any of your smart lists if you enter the task with the tag °PINit. You can then adjust all the attributes you like, remove the tag and your done.

What I would really like to see in RTM is a function implemented in the windows app mylifeorganzied. Here you can avoid the the tasklist from automatically updating. You do all your changes and then update the list manually (pressing F5).

Cheers!
Jens, Germany
Posted at 5:19pm on January 24, 2015
fant says:
Sorry,
it's " _OR_ tag:°PINit "

(list:### ((tag:@cloud OR tag:@hive OR tag:@any) NOT priority:none) OR tag:°PINit)
Posted 9 years ago