Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Archiving (and unarchiving) lists for seasonal projects

rolii says:
Twice a year I have to go back to a couple of lists that remind me of a bunch of things that need to get done during those months. Now, I don't keep these lists together with the ones I use day-in, day-out since that might be a little distracting and like I said, these are lists I only go to on a couple of occasions during the year.

Come late November, for instance; what I do is I go to Settings, then click on the Lists tab and select the list I need to bring back to life. In this case I unarchive my list named "End of the year", and when I go back to Tasks I'll see it filled with a bunch of completed tasks (said tasks were completed the previous year, of course). Next, I select all of the tasks on the lists and click the "Uncomplete" button. I simply enter new due dates for each of these tasks and I'm ready to face all of my end-of.the-year tasks.

When I'm done with them (usually by late December or early January) I go back to settings, select my seasonal list and click on "Archive" to keep it neatly tucked away til the following year. This helps me keep an uncluttered Tasks page, free of lists I know I won't be looking at for several months.

Hope you find this useful and that it helps you remember the milk and everything else your life revolves around.
Posted at 10:10pm on November 1, 2014
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi rolii,

Nice tip! You're this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner, and we've added a free year of Pro to your Remember The Milk account. :)
Posted 8 years ago
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
Good tip! Haven't used archived lists much, I now realize that you could also include a repeat "every year" for each task in order to have a full setup of tasks with due dates when you un-archive the list.
Posted 8 years ago