Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Creating Workflows in RTM

alexander.waleczek says:
As I am doing an internship kind of work in a company, I naturally get a lot of "smaller" tasks assigned that need regular reviewing (usually some kinds of documents, that need updating). Also, when a task is "done" for me, it still needs a final check, so marking it as "done" in RTM wouldn't let me keep track of this task anymore.

To compensate this I created 3 smart lists called "work", "check" and "done"
1. Work: Here all work related tasks are displayed, that DO NOT have the tags "check" and "done". This is basically my daily task list.
2. Check: once I finished whatever I was working on and the document or whatever is ready for a next round of review, I add the "check" tag, so it appears in this list and is removed from the "work" list. This list is the basis of the regular review sessions. When I reviewed it and got more input I remove the "check" tag again so that it appears on my "work" list.
3. Done: When in the review session it is decided that the document is basically ready I put the "done" tag in order to list it in the 3rd list, which means it can be reviewed in the weekly meeting with the team-lead. Once it is completely approved here I can tick it of as done in RTM.

I considered adding new tasks in every review session but that creates quite some overhead and I don't have a "history" of changes that I have done before.

Posted at 7:40am on September 30, 2014