Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Tackling tasks depending on how energetic you feel

rtm_user_123 says:
For most of us, our energy level varies throughout the day. So, what looks super easy to do at one time of the day may sound like nagging at another time.

For me, personally, the high energy period is in the morning. Anything after 6 pm falls in the low energy category.

When I create tasks, I use two simple tags: #he to identify tasks that need high energy/concentration and #le for those that don't.

Then, when I am running low on energy, instead of checking Facebook for the 79th time, I just look for tasks tagged #le. Typically, these tasks are quite basic/routine, but still need to be done, e.g. renewing library books, or checking if a movie on my list is available on Redbox.

PS: this technique also works well in situations when you are stuck and cannot escape, e.g. in a lame meeting. Instead of feeling helpless and bored, just pull up your #le list and start executing.
Posted at 7:26pm on June 4, 2014
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi rtm_user_123,

Bob tells me he finds this tip really useful, particularly when he's exhausted from coding but still wants to get some lower energy tasks done.

You're this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner, and we've added a free year of Pro to your Remember The Milk account. :)

Thanks for sharing your tip!
Posted 8 years ago
dave.liao says:
Love this idea - I've primarily used Time Estimate for this purpose, but there are definitely tasks that take more than 2 minutes that are low energy and worth pursuing.
Posted 8 years ago