Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Smart list with specific times due today and due anytime today

robert.ward says:
A lot of my daily repeating work tasks are little items but they have to be done, so I don't want to miss them. Because of this I have them due at specific times. But they would sometimes get lost in the mix of the rest of my tasks for the day with higher priorities. And at other times they would annoy me because I couldn't do them yet, but they were still hanging out there on my list.

Inspired by the Tips and Tricks post about creating a "Snooze Smart List", I created two smart lists for work. One is for tasks due today with a specific time. The other is tasks due today without a specific time.

The search for each is as follows:

Tasks with a specific time: (list:work and ((dueBefore:now and NOT dueBefore:"today 12:01AM") or (due:tod and dueAfter:now)))

Tasks due today with no set time (note that the list "WkToday" Smart List is the search above):
not list:WkToday and due:tod and list:work

Now I can look at each list individually and knock out my time sensitive tasks first, then go focus on other tasks for the day.
Posted at 2:28pm on July 3, 2013
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi Robert,

Very nice use of Smart Lists! You're this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner, so we've added a free year of Pro to your Remember The Milk account. :)
Posted 10 years ago
(closed account) says:
Thanks Robert,

exactly what I was looking for. Works great!
Based on your work it was easy to write a corresponding search for tomorrow.

Thanks again!
Posted 10 years ago