Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

RTM e-book management

mathieu.hubeek says:
I just love my Sony e-reader and I use it a lot.
The only problem with the reader is the index; it only shows the cover and the title of the book.
Read and unread books are in one list sorted by alphabet. Pretty frustrating.

Often after reading a review online I add a new e-book to my reader, a few weeks later I forgot what it was about and it remains somewhere in the middle of my booklist on my e-reader.

Now I’m using the following “workflow”:
When adding new books to my e-reader I also add a new note to Evernote (notebook: books) with the review/my own notes and I set a reminder so it shows up in RTM in my Inbox list

In RTM I set the priority (must read books = prio 1) and add tags for book type (thriller/drama/poetry etc), after that I move the tasks to my e-reader list in RTM.

Now when I want to read a new book I just pop up my RTM e-reader list on my Iphone and the “must read books” are on top (prio1), the tags show the book type and a full review is accessible by clicking the evernote button.

After finishing a book I open the task in RTM, add some extra notes in Evernote and I complete the task in RTM.

My RTM list shows all my unread books with book type and priority and extra information, when someone asks me for a book recommendation I open my Evernote notebook and it shows all my books with my personal notes.
Posted at 2:58pm on June 21, 2013
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi mathieu.hubeek,

Nice tip and use of the integration with Evernote! You're this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner, so we've added a free year of Pro to your Remember The Milk account. :)
Posted 10 years ago