Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Keeping It Simple

louisyurman says:
There are lots of wonderful uses for remember the milk, but what I find what works for me is to keep it simple. I use the inbox to store all of my tasks and they are sorted by due date. I use the due date as the "Do" date and everything due today must be done today. I use the repeat option to repeat tasks on a weekly or monthly basis

I use tags to indicate the progress in case if I have to come back to a task such as #started #halfwaydone #almostdone, etc. But one of the most important things that I do is to keep only the important tasks on my list and delete the rest. Doing those things help me be more organized and less stressed
Posted at 6:42pm on June 5, 2013
bluesgeek says:
The sales trainer, the late Warren Wexler, used the four-corner method in the old paper days. Each time you pick up an actionable document, you tear off a corner. After tearing off the fourth corner, and picking it up for the fifth time, you delete it... because you're never going to act on it.
Posted 10 years ago
bluesgeek says:
I see that must be the Covey quadrant method, yes?
Posted 10 years ago
bluesgeek says:
Okay, no, it's not. Well, it was a useful if painful exercise, throwing away the torn paper. I imagine if I learned to do something like that with RTM, I could save a lot of end-of-day postponing!
Posted 10 years ago
louisyurman says:
For me prioritizing tasks is a complete waste of time. Everything on my list is equally important to do, it is just a matter of when to do it. I use due dates to choose when it would be appropriate to do that task. If there is something becomes unimportant of if I just don't feel like doing it it gets deleted.
Posted 9 years ago