Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Keeping Track of Reading Assignments

polindsay says:
RTM has been a life saver for me when it comes to keeping track of homework and assigned reading for my college classes. At the beginning of each semester, I make a list for each class. I gather all of my syllabi and enter the tasks into their assigned list. It's a little tedious for a day or so, but it's much easier than pulling out my binder to check the syllabus when I do homework, or to try to record everything in an agenda which I'm bound to lose. It's great to be able to pull out my phone, look at the widget on my home screen to see what I need to work on, and watch the list shrink as I complete tasks.

But what about those times when I don't have my phone, or if I'm in a class where the professor assumes I'm not paying attention? I found a solution for that too!

On the RTM website, I go to the list I want and then click print in the upper right hand corner. That takes me to a print-friendly page of my list. I load a piece of card stock (resume paper works well too) into the printer and hit print. If the list is longer than one printed page, I flip the page over and send it back through to create a double-sided page. Then I fold the paper so it's small enough to fit in my textbook and voila! A bookmark with all the important assignments and test dates on hand!
Posted at 2:53am on February 26, 2013
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi polindsay,

Great tip! You're this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner, and we've added a free year of Pro to your Remember The Milk account.
Posted 9 years ago