Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Request credit line increases regularly

molly.bierman says:
Any time you can increase your credit limit on your various credit cards, you should take this opportunity. However, people often forget to do so because usually you can only increase your credit limit every 6 months. I have set up a reminder in RTM to check each of my credit cards every 6 months and apply for credit limit increases.
Posted at 4:50pm on February 2, 2013
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi Molly,

Just wanted to let you know that you're our Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner this week, and we've added a free year of Pro to your Remember The Milk account. :) Thanks for sharing your tip!
Posted 10 years ago
peter.jewell says:
Oooo, this rang alarm bells.

May I humbly suggest a safer use for this is to remind you to REVIEW your credit cards at regular intervals. Then you can decide whether you can AFFORD to increase your credit limit, or whether instead you should be REDUCING it.

You CAN ask your provider to lower your credit limit -- it's not a one-way process -- and this should improve your credit rating and make you less likely to get into problem debt.
Posted 10 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi Peter,

Agreed that reviewing is a good idea -- I thought this was worth sharing, so I hope you don't mind that I've updated the blog post with your note (and given you some Pro, too :).
Posted 10 years ago
peter.jewell says:
Wow, thank you, Emily. Never thought I'd be on Tips & Tricks!
Posted 10 years ago