Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Tip: Keep Track of Your Classwork

dishbreak says:
School's started for a lot of us, and that means taking in syllabi and assignments. It can be overwhelming to keep track of everything.

One thing I've started doing is entering items from my class syllabi in RTM. I keep track of courses using tags (e.g. CS118), so I take advantage of RTM's search feature. For example, if you run a search for "tag:cs118" and enter tasks in the "Add Task" field, those tasks will automatically get tagged "cs118". Note this works even if you haven't used the tag "cs118" before.

For each course, I run a search for "tag:[courseName]", and enter items from the syllabus (readings, HWs, exams, etc), with due dates (Smart Add syntax comes in handy). Once you've got the tasks tagged with their respective courses, you can set up smart lists that display tasks from those tags due in the coming week, month, etc. Go crazy, and stay sane doing it. :-)
Posted at 11:15pm on January 15, 2013
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi dishbreak,

Great tip! You're this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner, and we've added a free year of Pro to your Remember The Milk account. :)
Posted 6 years ago