Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

The "Add Time Estimate" Smart List

milkiglo says:
I figured out a search to determine which tasks require a time estimate.

not timeEstimate:">0"

I add this with search operator ' tagContains:' to work just with my action tagged tasks. I prefix all my action tags with '0' such as 0errands, 0home, 0macbook, etc. Then my Actions to Add Time Estimates search is:

tagContains:"0" not timeEstimate:">0"

**Smart List bonus!** As I add time estimates the tasks are instantly removed from the Smart List and I can work down getting all those tasks upto date. Sweet!

Pro Tip: Use the shortcut key 'g' for editing time estimates fast!
Posted at 6:24pm on December 28, 2012
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi milkiglo,

Nice Smart List! Just wanted to let you know that you're this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner. We've added a free year of Pro to your account. :)
Posted 10 years ago
photogirl67 says:
sorry I cannot figure out how to do a "not time estimate" what does that mean? The only options I have are:

- is
- is greater than
- is less than

there is no "not" option for time estimate how do you do this?
Posted 10 years ago
brendan says:
Hi photogirl67,
You won't be able to construct this search from the dropdown boxes alone. If you're seeing the dropdown boxes, click on "Hide search options". This will leave you with a single Search field where you can type whatever you like. You can enter not timeEstimate:">0" there.

While those dropdowns cover a lot of common searches, there are quite a few other search operators as well.

Hope that helps!
Posted 10 years ago