Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Planning an afternoon flurry of activity...

pauldb says:
All week long I add and schedule tasks for the coming weekend - things I just won't have time for during the week. So when Saturday rolls around, I may have 30 or more tasks of varying levels of priority. Maybe one top priority is to go to the grocery store for... milk. But as long as I'm out, I can also stop at Stapes for...staples, and pick up stamps at the post office, and drop off a hat my kid's friend left at our house. These other tasks were low priorities, but they were each things I could do today.

Now that I'm going out, I scan through my tasks for the day, select all of them (whether on the web, iphone or iPad) and group-edit the tags for each, adding the tag "now" for each of them. So now while I'm out running my errands, I am displaying all tasks tagged as "now," and see just the five things I decided to do while I'm out. It gets the other 25 out of the way, whether they are otherwise a high or low priority. I can mark "complete" or delete them one-by-one and return home with a blank screen. Very satisfying.
Posted at 2:04pm on December 22, 2012
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi pauldb,

Love this tip! You're this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner, so we've added a year of Pro to your Remember The Milk account.

Thanks for sharing! :)
Posted 10 years ago