Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Remember the Baby

robyn.sukenik says:
When my husband and I found out we were pregnant and expecting a baby suddenly a whole new world of tasks crashed upon our delighted but somewhat unprepared heads.

Novices that we were, it took friends and books to tell us what we need to do, and we've received lists. Lists from doctors, lists from friends, lists from family, lists for family -- Suddenly inundated with tasks ranging from monthly checkups, ultrasound scheduling, who to tell when, when to do what blood work, which hospital schedules tours how much in advanced, what to buy for babies when (they apparently don't come with accessories, who knew?), etc , A whole new world indeed.

Overwhelmed, I turned back to my old friend RTM, where I could enter these tasks for myself with what I am told are appropriate due dates and of course lists, and tags.

There is now a new list called "BabyPrep". Vitamin refills are tagged with #pharmacy and the dates of the prescriptions or according to when the pills will run out, bloodwork got its own tag, schedule hospital tours is down under #appt as is making future doctors appointments and checking out birthing class options. And every time someone gives me a list -- like things to buy before baby comes or the items suggested get entered under #tobuytent if it's an item I'm not sure about or #tobuy if it's an item I'm sure we need. Last is reading, and baby book recommendations get filed under my old standby tag #toread. There's more, but that's the idea.

My tags for this are still under construction, It's a new adventure. But I'm grateful that RTM is here to hold my hand along the way.
Posted at 9:59am on December 5, 2012
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi Robyn,

It's awesome to hear how you're using Remember The Milk! We've featured your post on the blog as our Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner, and have added a free year of Pro to your Remember The Milk account.

All the best to you and your husband on the adventure. :)
Posted 11 years ago