Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Nightly Follow-Up Reminder

(closed account) says:
I have a problem where I get home for work or class and I get too comfortable watching TV or something and I start to ignore the Tasks that I had due today. I setup my Reminder settings so that Remember The Milk will email on the day a Task is due at 8:00pm (as opposed to sometime in the morning, like most people probably do).

This way when I am sitting around being unproductive, Remember The Milk will send me an email at 8:00pm letting me know if I have any Tasks leftover for the day.
Posted at 1:53pm on September 18, 2012
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi mbmccormick,

This is a really cool idea -- I've never thought about daily reminders being sent anytime other than morning!

You're this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner, so we've added a free year of Pro to your account. :)
Posted 11 years ago
rapiere says:
Great idea, I didn't think about using reminder settings this way, I've changed setup just now, thanks !
Posted 11 years ago
lessilly says:
Ditto! Some of the simplest tips are the most genius. :)
Posted 11 years ago
lennondogg says:
Hah, love this idea! Thanks!
Posted 11 years ago
(closed account) says:
This is definitely a good idea. I don't really need a reminder in the morning, I'm going to check anyway to see what's on the agenda for today. One in the evening to make sure I've got everything done, or even just have got everything marked as done, is an excellent idea. I've set mine for 6pm.
Posted 11 years ago