Bonvenon!  Esperanto Language Switcher

Tip for reducing the no of tasks each day

byronsp says:

After a while I felt the number of tasks was going up and I wanted to reduce the structural deficit of the tasks (e.g non repeating tasks)

So what I did is created a smart List to track the tasks I've added today VS the tasks I've managed to cross off today.
(added:today or completed:today) and isRepeating:false

This allows me to say that I've added 4 tasks today BUT reduced the structural deficit by completing 8 tasks. Hence i'm down 4 tasks.
Then I create a repeating task (I use tags:++Objective and Priority HIGH) to reduce each day the deficit by 5 tasks.

Just my current approach for getting motivated to crank out those small project tasks i've got lying around

Posted at 6:29am on September 11, 2012

emily (Remember The Milk) says:

Hi byronsp,

Awesome idea for a Smart List!

You're this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner, so we've upgraded your account to have a free year of Pro. :)

Posted 1 year ago

rob.dugan Pro says:

byronsp
It takes a lot for me to actually post to forums.. in fact this is my first RTM post ever. Thanks for the tip. This is exactly what I needed as I felt I was starting to sink a little bit under the weight of tasks. Just set up as per your tip and I can see light at the end of the tunnel. I also set up lists for repeating and non-repeating so at a glance I could see the difference. I just realised the 'repeating' tasks don't stress me as they are part of 'life' but the non-repeats are the ones that bug me if they don't get done so I'll focus on a few of them each day. If you're ever in Sydney I'll shout you a brew for that.Cheers.

Posted 1 year ago

philipbowman Pro says:

Neat! Is there a way to get the completed and added tasks in the same list? Or do you have to switch between added / completed? Guess that does make it easier to count, though..

Posted 1 year ago

brendan Pro says:

Hi philipbowman,
It's not possible to see both incomplete and completed tasks at the same time. You're always viewing either one or the other.

Posted 1 year ago