The Problem: I want to share with 'Jane' multiple tasks (a group that I created in the same manner as a Smart List, ie with an advanced search operator) but for some reason it is not possible.
The Workaround: you need to filter out of this group all of the tasks that have already been shared with 'Jane' in order for the 'share' action to work.
In the past I've been frustrated by what seems to be this common bug/problem, and today I found a workaround!!! (this might be a workaround for the 'Smart Lists cannot be shared' issue.)
The Situation in which The Bug arises:
1) I have filtered my tasks by doing an 'advanced search' using some particular criteria (ie. tag:renovation)
2) Within this (Smart) list, there are a few tasks that have already been shared with 'Jane'. I want to share them all with 'Jane'.
3) I click on 'Select/All', then on 'More Actions.../Share With...' and then I share it with 'Jane' who is in my Contacts and with whom I am already successfully sharing many tasks.
4) Jane then informs me that she is unable to see ANY of the tasks that I have just tried to share with her.
The WorkAround: you need to filter out all of the tasks already shared with 'Jane' in order for the 'Share' action to work
1) I filter my tasks by doing an 'advanced search' using some particular criteria (ie. tag:renovation),
...BUT THIS TIME: I add to the search the search-operator "NOT sharedWith:Jane"
_The search thus looks like: " tag:renovation NOT sharedWith:Jane "
Now you may proceed to 'Select All' of the found tasks and then 'Share With' etc... and it will work!
Posted at 3:02pm on August 30, 2012