Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Standardize your Company Operations

asenchak says:
In operating a retail store or an office with repetitive daily tasks and sometimes different people performing them I have found that you can set up one account for the office and keep tasks repeating every day or week for employees to log in and see what needs to be done.

Daily close-out tasks at a restaurant such as printing all receipts and turning off the cash register can be in a list "hostess" and repeat daily. Tasks that need to be done once a week like cleaning out the pantry can be repeated weekly, put in the kitchen list and tagged as "maintenance" or "cleaning". No matter who is working, the tasks can be accomplished easily and can even be described in the notes field to create standardization.

Managers can very easily set up the operations via task tagging as "close-out" or "opening" to determine what shift is to complete the task and can even determine time that it should take so as to give a given employee a list of 8hrs worth of work.

This could work in any retail, restaurant or office setting with a bit of variation.
Posted at 9:28pm on August 23, 2012
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
Clever idea, I would suppose check lists are used a lot in these situations.
I'm surprised no-one has suggested something like this before:
Management by RTM.

As always, I like to nominate clever ideas for a Tip of the week mention, and this is one!
Posted 11 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi asenchak,

Nice tip! You're this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner, and we've added a free year of Pro to your Remember The Milk account. :)
Posted 6 years ago
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
Some digging in the archives there Emily!
Posted 6 years ago