Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

That expensive holiday for which we buy too many or too few gifts

laurie09 says:
As a mom of 9, with grown kids, kids at home and grandkids, it's always tough to keep Christmas gifts organized. Because of the large size of our family, I have limited the gifts to three apiece. Because I have to hide the gifts, they aren't in plain sight, and sometimes I buy more gifts for one kid than another, which leads to last-minute scrambling. Today I found my first Christmas gift - a perfect item on deep discount! How to remember it later?

I created a list titled "XMS". I entered everyone for whom I am planning to give Christmas gifts as a task. I entered last names first so that the list would be grouped (mostly!) by families. I clicked on the person I purchased for, and entered a note describing the gift I bought.

Each person for whom I have completed shopping will be coded priority 3 and fall to the bottom of the list when sorted by priorities. Persons for whom some gifts are bought will be priority 2, and no gifts are priority 1. When I get to crunch-time shopping I'll be able to see easily what's left to get.

Now all that's left is to come up with the money!
Posted at 11:10pm on August 17, 2012
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi laurie09,

Love this tip, especially how you use priorities!

You're this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner, so we've upgraded your account to have a free year of Remember The Milk Pro. :)
Posted 11 years ago