Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Before Vacation

christopher.spence says:
As a small business owner, going on vacation can be stressful right before I am ready to go.

One thing that helps is creating a "Before Vacation" tag and immediately brainstorm for a few minutes the things that are at my mind at the time. I will take down anything that needs to be down before I leave. If something comes up, I will add it to this list. I like to do this at least two weeks before leaving, preferably four and review it weekly knocking it down as often as possible.

It is very easy to forget things when getting ready for a larger vacation, and it can be difficult to do certain tasks once you are gone. The sooner you start the list, the better. When I do my normal weekly review, I will tag items for Before Vacation to get them identified as soon as possible.
Posted at 11:27pm on August 4, 2012
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi Christopher,

Great tip!

Just wanted to let you know that you're this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner. We've upgraded your Remember The Milk account to have a free year of Pro. :)
Posted 11 years ago
bcampbell says:
Yes, definitely a good tip. On a related note, RTM is good for packing for a trip too. With a son who is a Boy Scout, I go on camping trips a few times a year. The packing lists required are very similar each time. Therefore, I have a "packing" RTM task list that I've built up after a few trips. Before a trip, I go into that list on a computer and uncomplete all the items I need on the trip. Then as I'm packing, I complete each item usually using my Android phone or iPad. (I use a computer for the "uncompleting" so I don't have to sync all my completed items to the mobile device.)

This has definitely saved me from forgetting things I found useful on past trips even if they are not on the current trips packing list.
Posted 11 years ago