Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

zzz Smart List with due time

fabiocuritiba says:
This is a little trick to work with the nice 'puts tasks to sleep' from user rajjan http://blog.rememberthemilk.com/2009/04/tips-tricks-tuesday-using-sleeper-tags/

Maybe it's already covered elsewhere, so feel free to delete this one here if this is the case :)

The trick is to enhance the way criteria 'tag:zzz AND dueAfter:now' works, to cover due time.

With this parameter set the zzz list will put to sleep any task set with zzz tag that are still to happen, in the future. But this way it will also add tasks you have set for today with some due time, that you probably don't want sleeping (for instance 'today at 3pm').

A possible solution would be changing the criteria to 'tag:zzz AND dueAfter:today', but it also did not work, so I end up using: 'tag:zzz AND dueAfter:today AND NOT dueBefore:tomorrow'. This way you will not put to sleep tasks target for today with tag zzz and some due time.

So, the whole criteria for zzz smart list would be:

(tag:zzz AND dueAfter:today AND NOT dueBefore:tomorrow) OR (tag:z1d AND dueAfter:"1 day of now") OR (tag:z2d AND dueAfter:"2 days of now") OR (tag:z1w AND dueAfter:"1 week of now") OR (tag:z1m AND dueAfter:"1 month of now")

That's it.
Posted at 5:55pm on May 9, 2012
techlifeweb says:
Very nice. The zzz tagging functions are REALLY worth learning about and I encourage everyone to look into it. For me, they are what make RTM a killer app.
Posted 11 years ago
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
Nice addition fabiocuritiba, I seldom use due times and hadn't realized this problem.
Posted 11 years ago
joegtd says:
"A possible solution would be changing the criteria to 'tag:zzz AND dueAfter:today', but it also did not work,"

Not sure I understand this. fabiocuritiba, are you saying that the above adds to the zzz list tasks that are due today at a particular time?
Posted 9 years ago