Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Make packing easier!

tanis.7x says:
When I travel, I need packing lists to help me remember everything.
However, most of the items on my packing list are items that were on my last packing list as well.

To simplify my packing list process and to help ensure that I never forget anything, I tag all my packing lists with where I am going. When I am getting ready for a new trip, I search for "tag:[last trip] AND status:completed." Next, I select all of those tasks, and click "duplicate task" from the more actions dropdown to copy all those tasks to my current packing list.

As I am packing, if I think of something not on my list, I add it. The next time I am packing for a trip, that item will be in my new list as well!
Posted at 5:17pm on April 16, 2012
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi tanis.7x,

I just wanted to let you know that you're this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner. We've upgraded your Remember The Milk account to have a free year of Pro. :)
Posted 11 years ago
casutton says:
I love this tip. One thing that I don't understand: How do you duplicate the last packing list? My packing list has about 30 items on it, so every time I try to duplicate it, I get an error message that says I can only duplicate 25 at a time.
Posted 11 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
casutton,
In that case you may need to duplicate the tasks in a few batches; sorry for the inconvenience!
Posted 11 years ago